If your going off to google Meniere's Disease, I'll explain. It is an inner ear disease that affect your balance and hearing. It causes fluid to move into the seashell that makes up the inner ear and throws you off balance. The fluid then ruins the seashell and you go deaf or hearing impaired.
It has taken doctors 2 years to diagnose me with it. Its challenging for not only me but those around me. I don't usually go around broadcasting that I can't hear. So must dont know or realize. My hearingaids are so small that unless you look for them you can't see them. So to those who don't know seen to think that Mr. Sailor is yelling at me. We all have begun to learn ASL so that we will able to communicate when my aids aren't in or I go completely deaf. It's also helpful in figuring out what Venom needs and wants.
It has taken doctors 2 years to diagnose me with it. Its challenging for not only me but those around me. I don't usually go around broadcasting that I can't hear. So must dont know or realize. My hearingaids are so small that unless you look for them you can't see them. So to those who don't know seen to think that Mr. Sailor is yelling at me. We all have begun to learn ASL so that we will able to communicate when my aids aren't in or I go completely deaf. It's also helpful in figuring out what Venom needs and wants.
I deal with an internal battle daily try to cope with my hearing loss. Simple tasks like talking on the phone are daunting because if I don't position the phone right or have my Bluetooth piece I still can't hear. It kills me inside to know one day I won't hear my girls speak or My favorite song. As of right now I live in the moment and enjoy it all while its still here.

No comments:
Post a Comment