Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Brain... A few helpful baby sites

No one can deny that I'm a super crafty person. I rarely buy something If I can make it. Especially now as I'm facing Maternity and baby clothes, bedding and so much more. Just like with Weddings, if something says Baby on it they jack up the price. For me baby stuff is way to UGLY. I want bold bright colors, Skulls and crossbones, and cute vintage inspired things. Not teddy bears and jungle themes. Call me weird or unusual. I'm okay with that, but that stuff just isn't me.
I stumbled upon this blog Offbeat Mama. Ran by the same women who runs Offbeat Bride. Both blogs are extremely helpful. I love that she has Pink hair just like me. the blog features post from or about other Offbeat mamas. There are links to unusual baby gear, maternity clothes and more. all in all its my new favorite blog. They can also be found on Facebook.

Another site that I cant stop reading is The Bump. Its a subsection of TheKnot.com and a much more traditional baby site, but it is rather useful. It features a checklist, due-date calculator and FAQs. It also has a forum but I'm a little iffy on joining in. I do read the boards but I'm just not sure on posting.
Ok so this is all for now I might edit it later to add more as I find them. I hope this helps someone else out.

Tata,

2 comments:

cabin + cub said...

we are expecting too! and i agree, there is a heck of a lot of ugly baby stuff out there. i am with you about the bold colours....(not a big fan of baby pink and baby blue).

you might like this site:
http://bkids.typepad.com/intro/
there is some nice baby things on there.

Unknown said...

thanks, I'll check it out. When are you due? I'm going to have a Nov butterball.

Facbook Like button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...