Okay, I admit it, I'm addicted to
Pinterest... I Pin thing constantly, like I have over 1200 pins.... yea, I know what your thinking. Lately I've seen some cute baby carriers that have been pinned. Mei Tai's (not the drink), wraps and slings. Now I'm pretty "crunchy" (what us natural moms are called) with the cloth diapers and the breastfeeding, but I also babywear. Yup, I'm that lady you see out and about with their child wrapped on them. It beats putting them on a leash.... or carrying an annoying carseat. Not that I could carry Venom's anyways since she's been in a convertible one since birth. (She has the Graco Smart seat). Anyhoo, now I have some extreme carrier envy. When Venom was littler I could get away with the Moby wrap. The thing is great for newbies but with my 17lb wiggly 9mo its not happening. she can flip out and wants to see everything. I also have a sling which is great for quick trips out, but it kills my shoulders. Its fit is a bit weird as well. while reading up on babywearing via thebabywearer.com I started to like the idea of a woven wrap or a Mei Tai. I really want to be able to back carry. It would be nice to not have to wear Venom on my chest, though it is great for snuggles and a sleepy baby. I fould the most gorgeous wrap.
Its a
Didymos wrap. Its there Audrey wrap. Its a beautiful purple and grey houndstooth... Its my dream wrap, but its 180$.... way out of my budget. Looks like I will be saving for it... or weaving my own.... haha! I wonder if I can find some Houndstooth linen???
Then theres the Mei Tai options, Ive seen several awesome ones on Etsy.... My go to shopping place second to Amazon...(Oh I Love Amazon) I found this (pictured Above) pretty black and white one by
MarinaN based out of the UK. Mei Tai's are more my budget plus they seem simple to make. but I want to be greedy and have them both.... :) there both so pretty....
SO help! what would you chose? I'd really love suggestions and advice? I'm still new to babywearing and would love to hear what others think.
No comments:
Post a Comment