hey guys hope your all having a good week. Things are super busy here. I'm trying to juggle a teething clingy baby while working(did you see the 3 new Diaper covers that were listed today?) and maintaining house.... Let me tell you, I need a new wrap/sling, and a few clones!! lol. as of right now I am friends with the delete key as Venom is crawling on me, the couch and the floor.... its a game. I dont find it fun but she does... :/
Any ways, today were going to talk patterns. Patterns are readily available for your consumption. You can find them for free, used/ new for purchase. Online and in store. Most often than not I hear that people wont sew because they cant work with a pattern. Its actually very simple, they print the directions right there for you. At least in the ones you can purchase from the Big pattern companies. Its a lot like reading a map. They print a key that tell you what the marks mean and techniques you'll need to know. Everything is laid out in those few pages of the instructions. Now what you do have to be careful about is the fit. Always compare your measurements. Don't just go by the size you normally wear, because it may not fit. Most patterns have some ease (you know the little extra allotted so its not skin tight). Some have a lot of ease. If your concerned or even unsure of what size you should make then its a good Idea to make a toile. A toile is a mock up of your garment made out of muslin so that you can make the neccessary fitting and alteration adjustments. its a cloth version of your pattern. It also gives you an idea of drape, ease and construction.
While you may not need to make a toile on everything you make ( I mean really, if you making a simple hand bag then you wont need one, save that for a super complex on instead.) but its super handy with garment sewing.
No comments:
Post a Comment