Thursday, November 11, 2010

Guess the Sex- Old Wives Tales for Pregnancy


So by now if you follow me on twitter, Facebook or even this blog you may have noticed that I put up at poll to see what everyone else thinks Venom will be. If you haven't done so please do, Thanks.  I had a comment on a bump photo on Facebook that had to do with an Old Wives Tale, so I decided to check out some of the Tales to see what they would predict. Some of them are just funny and make you go "wow, WTF."

OWT 1.) Fetal Heart Rate- If its Lower than 140bpm its a Boy; Higher than 140bpm its a Girl.
              -Girl.
OWT 2.) Carrying high or low- If your carrying High with a big round belly its a girl and if your carrying Low with a belly that sticks out its a Boy.
              -Boy
I really think this has to do with the Mummy to be's body shape and torso length as well as were the baby is sitting.
OWT 3.) Areolea Color- If your Areolae (The area around your nipple.) have darkened, It's a Boy. 
              -Girl
OWT 4.) Ring Test- Place your wedding ring on a string and if it swings back and forth its a Girl and if it moves in a circle its a Boy.
              -Girl
OWT 5.) Mummy to be's face shape- If your face has become full and round its a girl. If its Long and Narrow its a Boy.
              - Boy. My face hasn't really changed
OWT 6.) Key Test- Place a single key on a table. If you pick it up at the top (the part with the hole) Its a Boy, the Bottom its a Girl and in the middle its Twins.
            -Boy.
OWT 7.) The Mayan tale- Add the mothers age at conception and the year of conception.  If the result is a even number then its a Girl, if the result is an odd number then its a Boy.
              -Boy
OWT 8.) Mummy's Beauty- Its said that if the Mummy to be gets acne and complexion gets worse then she's having a girl, who is stealing her Mummy's beauty. If its a Boy she tends to "glow". (this one makes me go WTF!)
             -Boy.
OWT 9.) Cravings- Crave salty foods its a Boy. Crave sweets, fruits and orange juice its a Girl.
              - IDK. Seeing that I mostly want Sour or spicy things but I also want Cupcakes and Ice Cream....
OWT 10.) Skin under Left Eye- The eye test is when a “V” or “branches” appear when you pull down the skin under your left eye.  If you see a “V” or “branches” in the white part, you’re having a girl.  .
              - Girl
OWT 11.) Moodiness- If you are really moody its a Girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. If your smiling and Happier then its because there's a little Penis in you..... ( sorry I had to be Ornery....)
               -Girl
OWT 12.) Bread- if you eat the ends then its a Boy. If you only eat the middle then its a Girl.
             -Boy
OWT 13.) Baby Names- It is said that when you can only think of specific names for a boy or a girl, you will have that particular baby. Our Boy name came to us first and we really had to think about our girl name.
             -Boy.


Girl- 5
Boy- 7

Its really a Toss up. There a fun way to try and guess but i really rather wait until Wednesday and see what the U/S tech says.

What are some silly and fun Wives tales you've heard of or tried??
And Please Vote in my Poll if you haven't already!


HelloKendra13.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

I just found out Monday were having a girl so of course I voted Girl on your poll! :-) This is our second girl! I think most Wives Tales are just for fun but both of my babies had heart rates in the 160's.

Have you found out what your having or are you waiting??

BTW, visiting from Thirsty for Comments Thursday blog hop! :-)

phoTography said...

I'm so excited for you to find out :) Whatever he or she may be I just hope and pray healthy baby and momma :):) Looking forward to getting some gender related items to mail to you :):):)

Jennifer said...

I bet it's a girl! My OB didn't believe in the HB thing but now I totally do! haha! Girls are SOOOOOO FUN!! congrats mama!

Facbook Like button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...