Thursday, November 4, 2010

Tute Thursday- Tutu Wreath Tutorial

Tute Thursday
Tutu Wreath Tutorial




Hey everyone! How's your week going?? I can't believe its almost over, but its completely fine with me that  it has. I have like a week and a half left until my next Ultrasound, and its the big ultrasound. Hopefully Venom decides to show the goods. Today's post is a Tutorial for the wreath I made for the nursery. Its easily adaptable for any reason or occasion.


Materials
Wreath form (I used a wooden one but you can use any type you want. I found this at the dollar tree for only $1 and its a 13" wreath)
Ribbon
Tulle (tulle by the Spool works best but you can use yardage as well. Just make sure you have extra on hand.)
Embellishments ( I used Halloween garland and a Glitter Spider wall hanging from Target.)
Scissors

Tutorial

1. Cut tulle. I used 6" tulle by the spool that I cut down the middle at first, I ran out so then I used tulle by the yard cut 3" wide. I cut mine to 13" lengths but ended up cutting the ends down a bit because I though it was to long.












2.Wrap wreath form with ribbon. Unless you want to use 2 or 3 pieces of tulle at a time, this helps cover the form so you wont see it through the tulle.




3. Time to start tying the tulle on. I used a square knot (a regular knot) abut didnt tighten the tulle around the form completely, I left a tad bit of slack so I could move the pieces I needed too. Make it as full as you want it.











4. Add ribbon hanger.AND trim the tulle you desired length

5. Add embellishments. I just wrapped the garland around the wreath loosely so it would be visible in the tulle. you could stop there and add a bow but I wanted something a little more sparkly.... so I add the glittery spider by dropping its ribbon around the ribbon hanger on the wreath and pining it in place. I plan on hand stitching it in place later after I get Mr. Sailor's opinion.


6. Hang and Enjoy. Venom's is going packed away until we move in 2 weeks. Expect Nursery post a plenty after then.

HelloKendra13.blogspot.com



target="_blank">Acting Balanced
src=" http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m259/hloeffler/Thirsty1.jpg" />

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

test comment for you

Kristina Clemens said...

This is great! I would have never thought of it!
Kristina J.

Unknown said...

Love it!

Jennifer said...

Hey!!! Sorry it took me so long to comment here but I wanted to tell you this is AMAZING! What a craft you have! Now this is something I can do! I'll be sure to link back to you when I give this a try! Maybe I'll make a Christmas one!

Thanks so much for linking up on my linky and sharing your beautiful creation!

Facbook Like button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...